Monday, July 2, 2012

JB trip and Rider's Cafe

I was always asked to go Johor Bahru by cousins and Wei Shan but because I didn't renew my passport hence I always reject the outings. Last Monday, finally got the chance to take public transport to JB with my cousins. Before the trip, Guo Wei even warned me not to wear too nice and shorts so that we won't attract crimes. lols. Made me abit worried about the security but that didn't prevent me from wearing shorts. Tried to be as casual as possible by wearing T-shirt. Jusco was the location of the day and it was my first time there.

The first thing we did was to look for food when we stepped into the mall. We chose A&W for lunch since we won't be able to eat it in Singapore.

No picture of Xiao Li as she didn't want to take one.

There was nothing much to shop in the mall hence we decided to watch a movie to kill time. I recommended Snow white and the Huntsman as I received good reviews from Sok Min. Overall I find that the movie is quite okay. The graphics are pretty good but some parts abit draggy. I'll rate it 7 out of 10.

Personally, I find the queen more attractive than snow white.

Movie is cheap there. Around $4sgd and popcorn with 2 small cups of drink for $4sgd. Cheap thrill! =D
After movie headed for dinner at pizza hut. I know its quite lame as singapore also has pizzahut as well but we just couldn't decide what to eat. Walked around the supermarket and we bought Magnum ice-cream which cost around $2sgd as compared to $4+ selling in sg. We just kept eating for the entire day!

Bought 3 slices of cake from secret recipe for around $10+ sgd.

 For the entire trip, I only spent around $30+ sgd. Will definitely visit JB often. I wanna try their seafood such as cereal prawns!



 Finally visited Rider's Cafe last Wednesday with Sok Min and Yin mei for breakfast.

Egg Benedict that Sok and Yin Mei ordered.

 My "The Usual" breakfast

 Tea

Orange + wild berries + banana + yogurt + honey smoothie





 The breakfast is just average in my opinion. Still prefer Wild Honey's breakfast. But if you are looking for a nice atmosphere and decent breakfast, this is the right place.

No comments: