Friday, August 24, 2012

Strictly Pancakes


This is my third visit to Strictly Pancake. I was late for the outing and Yin Mei told me to reach within 15mins  if not the table would be given to other customers due to the long queue outside. Fortunately, I did managed to reach on the dot. 

At Strictly Pancakes, you can customize your pancakes. 
1) The number of pancakes you want.
2) Your preferred butter. (Salted / Unsalted / Garlic+Herb / Rum+Rasin) 
3) Side-dishes(Bacon / Scrambled Eggs / Sauteed Mushrooms / Corn Beef Hash / Chicken Chipolata) at $2.50 each.

Ping Hong ordered 2 pancakes with scrambled eggs. Sorry if it doesn't looks appetizing because he  cut the pancakes. 

I am too lazy to decide what side-dishes to go with my pancakes and they don't seem appetizing too. So for lazy people like me, you can chose from the savory section which are the shop's creation. Don't forget to choose the type of butter you prefer. 

For me, it's Herb +  Garlic.

Yin Mei's Rum + Rasin.


Chicken A La King
Chunky chicken and sweet onion slices cooked to perfection and topped with cream sauce and asparagus to go with your medium stack.
I had tried this during my 1st visit, I remembered it tasted pretty good. But this time, I was disappointed. The chicken chunks were overcooked and abit hard to chew. Probably cooked by different chefs hence the difference in taste.


Crabcake Pancakes
Dig into a homemade crabcake patty flanked by two extra-thick pancakes. Served with lemon mayonnaise and a side of cherry tomato salad.
 This dish give me a Christmas feeling. haha. Yin Mei said it tasted okay.


Another category in the menu is Sweets which are desserts.

Tiramisu
Kahlua infused Mascarpone cheese sandwiched by three fragrant chocolate pancakes and topped with chocolate flakes, vanilla ice cream and a dash of cocoa.
The only thing that makes this dish a tiramisu, is probably the cream surrounding the pancakes. I thought the whole pancake will filled with tiramisu taste, or at least, the ice-cream will be in tiramisu flavor but no, it's just vanilla ice-cream. The chocolate pancakes were too sweet and we couldn't finish it although there were 3 of us sharing it. I can only say, this dish totally failed to impress me or maybe, us.


Lemon Curd for the Nerds
Tuck into three chocolate pancakes with deliciously tangy lemon custard and cream accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream and lemon zest.
I didn't get to try this dish as I was still trying to eat the Tiramisu. Heard from my friends that it tasted quite sweet as well. 

Strictly Pancakes
44A Prinsep Street, 
Singapore 188674
Tel: 6333 4202


Overall, I am quite disappointed with the food. I don't think I will be making another visit for the time being.

Ending this post with a picture that I camwhored while my friends were busy talking. lols, Bye~!

No comments: