Friday, August 10, 2012

Greedy Ghost Movie and Jusco JB

2nd Johor Bahru trip with the cousins again on Monday. Went to 士林(Shi Lin) to eat Oyster Mee Sua as I had strong cravings for it, reminded me of the Taiwan trip. 

$6.50 RM per bowl. Mee Sua plus the chilli is YUMS!
Although Westmall recently opened a small shop that sells Taiwan street food, it costs $4 for a bowl of Mee Sua. Therefore, I always ended up buying McDonalds as I just need to top up another $1 and I'll have additional fries and drinks. Also, I don't eat the oysters so its really not worth it. I think oysters are so smelly! Maybe thats the reason why I'm not blessed with big boobs because I saw from Taiwan beauty shows that eating oysters can help to stimulate boobs growth. lols.

Shopped abit and bought some finger food for movies. Previously there was no queue but Guo Wei and Guo Bin took a long time at the counter. 

Look at the queue caused by the two brothers. lols
We asked them what took them so long and Guo Wei replied with a frustrated face. 

"I wanted hotdog bun but they run out of buns and I cannot understand what she is saying. Pek chek." 

So he ended up getting a hotdog wrapped in tissue paper. lols!

Movie of the day, "Greedy Ghost".

Thinking that this is part of local production as Mark Lee is the producer, I decided show some support. I thought this movie might be abit little bit scarier but hell no. Ok, it is supposed to be a horror comedy but no horror at all. As for comedy part, it isn't that funny till the extent that you'll go laugh out loud. The standard Mark Lee's lame "jokes". Totally not worth to watch in the cinemas especially those in Singapore. I think I can come up with much scarier storylines. But its slightly better than the movie 吓到笑, 吓到笑 really made me felt like smashing the screen after watching. Local production please buck up on horror movies, seriously!


Dinner was at Vivo, not VivoCity but Vivo restaurant
.
With the lovely cousins

Guo Wei and Xiao Li

Guo Bin and I




Meatballs Spaghetti
Healthy home-style chicken meatballs tossed in tomato sauce seasoned with herbs and spices

Guo Wei said it don't really taste good. Ikea's meatballs taste better.


Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
High quality smoked salmon slice sautéed with home-style creamy tomato sauce
Xiao Li ordered this and she said quite not bad.


NZ Mussels with Prawns
Fresh prawns and New Zealand green lipped mussels sautéed with special herbs and garlic in Marinara sauce
Initially I wanted to order this because it looked quite tasty on the menu but I've not recovered from the rashes on my body. So I influenced my Guo Bin to order this. The moment the waiter served this on the table, all of us went, "wah, looks good sia~!". There were only 5 prawns in total and he only left 2 after giving each of us one. We did said that he don't have to give us the prawns but he insisted. So sweet of him!


Creamy Mushroom
Fresh shitake mushrooms slow fried with butter and garlic finished with home-style creamy tomato sauce

Yup, I ended up eating this. The tomato sauce was creamy but not till the extent where you'll get sick of it. Also, generous amount of mushroom slices were given. Gave each of the cousins a small spoonful of spaghetti with creamy sauce and mushroom for them to try. As Guo Bin gave me a whole piece of prawn, I told him sadly, 

" Sorry Guo Bin, I've got nothing to give you except mushrooms! =( ".

and they all burst into laughter because mine really looked pathetic as compared to Guo Bin's dish.

Just found out that Vivo restaurant is available in Singapore as well. At least you don't have to travel all the way to Malaysia to try it if you're interested.

The Central
6 Eu Tong Sen Street.
Singapore 059817



Group picture before leaving

Xiao Li and Guo Bin
We bought some taiwan snacks for our family. I bought Mee Sua back for supper and for my dad. I even pysco them to buy and we ended up buying 6 bowls home. The Shi Lin staffs even remembered us. haha. Thrilled to find the Mee Sua still warm even after I reached home and dad loved the mee sua.

Overall, I enjoyed the outings with my cousins. Always filled with laughter even though all we did was  just eat. This trip was a little special with Guo Bin joining us. This little cousin(I know he don't look little at all, lols) of mine is an extremely shy introvert. He never like to talk much, only smiles all the time. He never had much conversations with anyone except his direct family members. Therefore I'm really glad that he joined us that day and he even joined in our conversations shyly. Most importantly, I could see that he really enjoyed alot. =)

No comments: