Monday, October 15, 2012

Skinny Pizza @ Wheelock

During the last TGIF, met up with Yin Mei after work to watch fashion show and dinner at Orchard. I seem so friendless, forever with Yin Mei and nobody else. Even Yin Mei's mum asked why she always hang out with me. lols.

Without fail, Yin Mei would always plan something every weekend. This time, she won tickets to attend Miss Sixty's fashion show which held at Paragon. I felt very sorry towards her because I was delayed by work and traffic, hence we couldn't register ourselves in time. In other words, we can't sit down on the chairs like a VIP to watch the whole fashion show. Fortunately, it was not a private event, so we still managed to watch it by standing at the side.


Couldn't take a clear picture because the models were walking and my camera just simply sucks. Totally could not take my eyes off the models! Especially the female models, all looked so pretty and skinny. Just like a mannequin walking on stage.Whats more frustrating was that their faces were all so god damn flawless, makes me felt like covering my bumpy and pimple-scarred face with my hair. lols. My eyes were filled with envy throughout the fashion show!!

The whole fashion show lasted only for like 15 -30mins. Feeling mega hungry, we went over to Skinny Pizza at Wheelock for dinner. Basically, what makes Skinny Pizza special is obviously their pizza, with a super thin  and crispy crust which resembles the crackers you'll find in yu sheng.

Its interior gives me an "industrial" feeling. 


Side dishes

Sausage, Truffle fries and mash potato. 
You can choose any three sides dishes just by topping up an additional $15. Pretty good deal I think. The sausage tasted okay only whereas the truffle fries and mash potato were quite tasty! At least the mash potato won't make you feel too sick of it after a few mouthful.


Ginger Butter Chicken - $23
Chicken dices, onions, hard boil egg and cashew nuts.
To be frank, I think $23 for a pizza is a little pricey. Furthermore, the pizza crust so thin, might not be filling enough to worth the $23. hahaha. As for the taste, it's like a curry pizza, those indian kind of curry rather than those zap chai peng kind of curry if you know what I mean. Taste not bad, feels like eating a crispy version of roti prata instead of a pizza.

Total bill was around $40 even after a 10% discount. Yes, Yin Mei's voucher AGAIN. With her magic wallet, no matter what voucher you want, you name it, she has it. LOLS! So my conclusion is, I don't think this restaurant is worth going for a second time. I'll rather go Mad for Garlic. But do bear in mind, it might be unfair to judge based on one pizza that I've tried. My only advice is that if you're keen to visit the restaurant, maybe you can try some other flavors of pizzas or pastas. =)


Skinny Pizza
501 Orchard Road 
#03-04, Wheelock Place

Singapore 238880
Tel: 6235 7823
Operating hours: 1100 — 2200 HRS

No comments: