Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Short Meetup With Friends

Just ended my disastrous prelims, hence I decided to meet up with all my friends before I disappear and bury myself in the lecture notes to prepare myself for final exams. Shall not talk about studies anymore, just makes me more emo.


Polymates Outing:
Planned a small meetup with my polymates as the last time I had a meetup with them was like a few months ago. Had a little bit of hiccups planning this outing as people took a long time to reply in facebook and to co-ordinate a date where everyone was available. But luckily, 6 people including me turned up. Appreciated much. Seem like my friends especially the ns guys who are going pop soon, are all preparing a brand new university life this june while I'll be graduating at june. FML. I really wanna stay in school, attend lectures, see hunks and babes rather than involve in office politics.

Anyway, had our dinner at Ambush at jurong point. Its a italian restaurant. 6 of us ordered fish & chips as the rest of the menu did not seem appealing and we were too lazy to decide hence we followed boon kee's choice.

After dinner was chilling at mcdonald's and xiao yan was damn sweet to give us a ice-cream treat!

here's xiao yan queuing for the ice-cream :)

At the mean time, we were camwhoring
Me, Gwen and Yin Mei

Boon Kee, Edward and Yin Mei

Still queuing

Thank you, Xiao Yan!!



Group Photo

The Girls


K box outing with Sok min:
Sang my heart and stress out at k box. K box currently have this $10.90 nett promotion every weekdays from 2pm to 7pm if you book via online. However, I was quite unhappy with their service.

As you can see this promotion is very appealing, therefore being a k lover, I went to make a booking.

FIRST: Though they stated $10.90 nett, I ended up paying $12.20 due to some tax charges.

SECOND: While singing, the k box staff came in with a bill of $46+ presented to us. I told the staff that I've aldy paid for the online promotion and she said another $30+ was the additional charges. I was like stunned but I still paid with my credit card as there was no turning back. However, the more I think about it, the more angry I got. Even if 2 person went without the promotion which is $13.90+++, it wouldn't get $46+. Hence sok min confronted the k box staff when she came back to let me sign on e receipt. That was the first time I see sok min so fierce and brave. She said, "If we really have to pay the $46+, I can only say there is something very wrong and misleading with your website and I am going to complain to your management. This is something you all really needs to improve on.". Though it sounds polite but her face was really fierce and the k box staff don't even dare to say anything. Yes, I'm a coward who just sat there and watched. 

After some time, the staff returned and apologised to us that there was some mistake in the receipt. So they cancelled the previous transaction and let me signed another bill which was $11.90. Again, $10.90 Nett and I don't know where the additional $1 came from. But I didn't pursue further. Luckily sok min went to confront the staff if not I think we'll pay additional $20+ for nothing. I think k box should seriously ensure that their staffs know the new systems well and not give customers heart-attacks like that.


Therefore I think for the time being, I won't be going k box even if they offer 1-for-1 promotion. I wouldn't want any "surprises", better stick to the $10 ktv at chinatown.

Some pictures of the day.
Camwhoring before meeting sok

Want some corn?



Playing with sok's min new cannon S100 camera. I like its speedy shutter!


Chilling session with leo and xiu xuan:
Met up with leo and xiu xuan for dinner and we had a fun time camwhoring as leo wanted to take a nice picture to put as his facebook profile picture.We had a hard time capturing a decent photo of him.



Crop leo away as he didn't look good in the pic.



Thats all for the outing for this two weeks, don't think gonna organize another outing for the time being. Shall wait for people to ask me out. Gonna stop here, it took me a few hours to write this post all thanks to my virus-infested laptop that kept restarting and log out of blogger every minute!!! Seriously getting on my nerves!

I can't wait for next week's outing to celebrate shu chang's bday with wei shan.

No comments: